Now showing items 1-20 of 21

    • Annunciate Virgin 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta statue (in San Pietro, Radicofani) was originally paired with a statue of the Angel Gabriel, making an Annunciation. Andrea della Robbia and his workshop made several such Annunciation pairs for ...
    • Annunciation 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This pair of glazed terracotta sculptures forming and Annunciation were originally made for the Observant Franciscan church of Santa Maria in Fontecastello (near Montelpulciano, where they are currently housed in the Museo ...
    • Benino Benini 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      These partially glazed terracotta roundels ornament the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as ...
    • Christ and a Young Man 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • Christ and an Old Man 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • Christ in the Sepulchre, Adored by Saints and Angels 

      Andrea della Robbia and workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece adorns a side altar in the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli at the Franciscan sanctuary of La Verna. At the center of the image is the dead Christ in the sepulchre, whose limp body is ...
    • Madonna and Child with Saints 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece has been housed in the Medici Chapel in Santa Croce since the nineteenth century but was originally made for a different location, San Francesco in Montecarlo (near San Giovanni Valdarno). ...
    • Madonna and Child with Saints Elizabeth of Hungary, Cristina da Bolsena, Francis, and Lawrence 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece in Sant'Agata, Radicofani is one of many depicting the Madonna and Child and Saints made by Andrea della Robbia and his workshop. The very successful formula used here and across Tuscany ...
    • Madonna and Child with Saints John the Baptist and Antila 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta lunette, originally made for the Pieve of Santa Maria in Montepulciano and currently housed in the Museo Civico, follows a standard format that Luca and Andrea della Robbia used repeatedly (e.g. in ...
    • Madonna and Child with Saints Michael and Catherine of Alexandria 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece in San Pietro, Radicofani is one of many depicting the Madonna and Child and Saints made by Andrea della Robbia and his workshop. The very successful formula used here and across Tuscany ...
    • Madonna and Child with Saints Simone and Taddeo 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece, now housed in the Museo Civico in Montepulciano, was made for the Cappella dei Carceri in the Palazzo Pubblico. The heavy, broad figures are typical of Andrea della Robbia's late works, ...
    • Madonna della Misericordia with Saints Peter and Benedict 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece (in Santa Maria in Grado, Arezzo) is a more modern-looking version of what was thought to be a miraculous fresco of the Madonna della Misericordia in Santa Maria delle Grazie, Arezzo, for ...
    • Meeting of St. Francis and St. Dominic 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This partially-glazed terracotta lunette, along with the roundels on the exterior of the loggia, ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of ...
    • The Nativity with Saints Francis and Anthony of Padua 

      Andrea della Robbia and workshop
      This glazed terracotta altarpiece of the Nativity adorns a side altar in the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli at the Franciscan sanctuary of La Verna. The Christ Child, in the center of the image, is adored by the Virgin ...
    • St. Anthony of Padua 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • St. Bernardino 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • St. Bonaventure 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • St. Claire 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • St. Elizabeth 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...
    • St. Francis 

      Andrea della Robbia and Workshop
      This glazed terracotta roundel ornaments the portico of the Ospedale di San Paolo dei Convalescenti in Florence, designed by Michelozzo at the behest of Benino Benini, beginning in 1451 and finished in 1495, as inscribed ...