Crucifix

Abstract
This smaller than life-size wooden crucifix belonged to the Compagnie di Santa Maria Imprunetana and del Santissimo Sacramento of San Felice in Piazza, which were situated in the Oratorio di San Sebastiano, Florence, which is where the Crucifix is kept today (after being moved to San Felice in Piazza in 1952). It looks as if the arms are hinged and as if the lioncloth is made from a piece of fabric, dipped in gesso and attached to the wooden sculpture. Photograph(s) licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. International License
External DOI